This 2 hour suicide prevention workshop offered by NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the most widely taught gatekeeper training program in the United States. QPR covers the three steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help. This workshop is appropriate for students, educators, parents, professionals and the general public.
- Date: 4/20/17 (TH) Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Location: WSU – Stark Hall, Auditorium 103 (Directions: Enter Stark Hall at 8th & Winona St. doors. Go straight down the hall and up the ramp, then turn right.)
- No Fee
- To register:
- Community Education, 317 Market St., Winona, MN 55987 (Central School Building)
- Phone:(507) 494-0900
- Online: wwwinona.k12.mn.us/communityed
- You may register at the door.
- Workshop ID: C183
Cosponsored by NAMI Winona, Solomon’s Song, Winona county Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Project COMPASS. You may register at the door. C183
Such a great idea to have this Suicide Prevention Workshop. Ron and I wish that we would be in town that evening so that we could attend. Thank you so much for doing these kinds of programs in Solomon’s name. It’s an incredible service to all who attend.